Day Trip Arusha
Arusha, Day Trip, Culture
For ease of reading, we use the masculine address in this itinerary.
Our popular day tour to get to know the culture, locals and indulge your palate!
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken to the famous heritage centre where you can learn more about Tanzania's 120 tribes, past and present. The centre has a private collection of artwork, carvings, artefacts and precious stones.
We continue to Shanga, one of Tanzania's most heart-warming success stories. Shanga opened in 2007 and was established to support and empower Tanzanians marginalised by their disability by providing them with an open and safe environment in which to fulfil their potential. Shanga now employs over 42 people with disabilities and uses recycled materials to create beautiful products made with love. Here we take a tour of the workshop.
It's time for lunch and you have two options:
For those craving relaxation:
1) Enjoy a fabulous lunch at Shanga's Riverhouse Restaurant, where you will be served fresh juice or champagne on arrival, followed by a delicious 4-course lunch in the Garden Pagoda.
For the adventurous:
2) Mingle with the locals as you enjoy Tanzania's famous Nyama Choma in one of Arusha's many pubs! Nyama is Kiswahili for meat and choma means grilled and you will be served lots of grilled meat and some bananas too.
After lunch we visit the Maasai Craft Market where you can stroll up and down the stalls and have fun while interacting with the locals and buying souvenirs. Note: You will have to be a tough (sales) handler here!
Your tour ends in the afternoon with arrival at your hotel.
$70 per person/day
Your day tour includes:
- Pick-up and return from/to hotel
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the heritage centre
- Guided tour of the Shanga workshop
- Lunch of your choice Option 1 or Option 2
Your day trip does not include:
Drinks during the trip/excursion
We refer you to our general terms and conditions (Term & Condition), which you will receive from us on request. You can also find them in your personal travel experience at the end of your quote.